Thursday, February 02, 2006

flash point

The big news 'round these parts yesterday was a gas station fire caused by static electricity. That's their story and they're sticking to it. A mechanic was emptying the gasoline from a car when a spark from static electricity ignited the fumes. The Petroleum Equipment Institute has warned consumers about making sparks while filling their tanks.

Of course we all know that the mechanic in yesterday's fire was telling the truth but what if another mechanic at another station at some point in the future were smoking on the job and ignited some fumes? What are the chances that he or she will have heard about yesterday's fire and will try to blame static electricity?
AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home